Monday, November 14, 2011

International Cookery

I think I may have mentioned that I am in an International Cookery Club.  November was my turn to host a dinner, so I decided to do an American Thanksgiving Dinner for the ladies in my group.    I think Aaron and the kids are glad that it's over with because I was really stressed over trying to make it perfect.  I made a really nice place setting complete with handmade place cards and centerpiece.  It was my first time roasting a turkey or anything in the bottom section of my oven.  I have to say the turkey came out very nice and juicy.  I also made homemade stuffing (thanks to Lori and Phil Valenti for their recipe), sweet potato casserole (which came out way too sweet), gravy, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy the food. 



No comments:

Post a Comment